Investing in modern cybersecurity: a recap
17 October 2022
We recently published a five-article series on Cybersecurity. We also created an interactive tool for investors. Here's a quick overview.
Cybersecurity has become a trendy topic these past few years.
Although many understand the importance of cybersecurity for modern-day life, the technologies involved often remain veiled behind the curtain of numerous acronyms and technical jargon. As a result, the sector’s panorama, and the corresponding investment opportunities, generally remain somewhat blurry.
In a five-part series of specific articles, we tried our best to demystify the world of cybersecurity, hoping to get readers acquainted with the building blocks of the digital world, and highlighted the corresponding investment opportunities.
Impact on our Investment Case
Numerous megatrends drive the industry: global connectivity, the Internet of Things, growing attack surface, transition to the cloud, and astronomical costs of cyberattacks, among others. The ecosystem, composed of cloud, application, network, data, and endpoint security, is set to capture a massive $310bn TAM by 2026 with an average 5Y CAGR of 15%.
- Application security, a $18bn market growing at 22%, driven by ongoing digitization of everything around us that will run on code.
- Endpoint security, a $19bn market growing at 8%, protecting over 200bn connected devices and driven by a transition to innovative and AI-powered XDR platforms.
- Network security, a $58bn market growing at 14%, driven by data and internet traffic explosion, as well as adoption of the modern Zero-trust framework
- Cloud, a $52bn market growing at 17%, driven by cloudification, initially sparked by COVID-19 and the sheer amount of highly vulnerable and sensitive data stored online.
- Data, a $5bn market growing at 21%, driven by the transition from using bytes and gigabytes to tera, yotta, and zetta bytes, i.e., data explosion.
- Threat Intelligence and Services, a massive $160bn market, driven by the shortage of IT specialists, cybersecurity complexity, and the need to educate users on proper digital hygiene.
To help our clients, we created an interactive dynamic value chain diagram available on our website. It encompasses the entire modern cybersecurity universe that we rely upon when constructing our investment universes and portfolios.
By clicking on the sectors, arrows, and technologies, you may delve into the industry and learn about the latest state of the cybersecurity universe, market size, and growth. You may also discover the players which we think are the leaders of their segments and which we believe are best bound to benefit from the numerous catalysts lining up in the near future.
- Investing in modern cybersecurity: Application security
- Investing in modern cybersecurity: Cloud security
- Investing in modern cybersecurity: Data security
- Investing in modern cybersecurity: Endpoint security
- Investing in modern cybersecurity: Network security
- Investing in modern cybersecurity: Services
- Investing in modern cybersecurity: Threat Intelligence
- Modern cybersecurity universe: Interactive tool
This report has been produced by the organizational unit responsible for investment research (Research unit) of atonra Partners and sent to you by the company sales representatives.
As an internationally active company, atonra Partners SA may be subject to a number of provisions in drawing up and distributing its investment research documents. These regulations include the Directives on the Independence of Financial Research issued by the Swiss Bankers Association. Although atonra Partners SA believes that the information provided in this document is based on reliable sources, it cannot assume responsibility for the quality, correctness, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in this report.
The information contained in these publications is exclusively intended for a client base consisting of professionals or qualified investors. It is sent to you by way of information and cannot be divulged to a third party without the prior consent of atonra Partners. While all reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information contained is not untrue or misleading at the time of publication, no representation is made as to its accuracy or completeness and it should not be relied upon as such.
Past performance is not indicative or a guarantee of future results. Investment losses may occur, and investors could lose some or all of their investment. Any indices cited herein are provided only as examples of general market performance and no index is directly comparable to the past or future performance of the Certificate.
It should not be assumed that the Certificate will invest in any specific securities that comprise any index, nor should it be understood to mean that there is a correlation between the Certificate’s returns and any index returns.
Any material provided to you is intended only for discussion purposes and is not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any security and should not be relied upon by you in evaluating the merits of investing inany securities.